I am never quite certain of how I should go about describing myself – I’d like to think my work speaks for itself. I see things from a different and creative point of view – which is evident in pretty much everything I do.
About me: I love anything having to do with football, cars, photography, writing, music, travel and creativity/design in general. When I’m not creating, you’ll find me at (recently) Crossfit, catching up on the news from Indiana and Ohio, playing Farmville on my iPad, drinking coffee, checking out real estate and sports cars, listening to music, going to concerts, taking pictures, going to car shows, cleaning, getting together with friends or washing my cars. I do have a few television shows that are my favorites (current and past): The Blacklist, Young & The Restless, The Bold & The Beautiful, Lucifer, House, The Office, American Ninja Warrior, The Voice and Chuck. I am glued to the television during football season, and also love college basketball as well (I’m a proud Indiana Hoosier alum!)
I am a bit of a self-proclaimed perfectionist in much of what I do. While I used to think this was a flaw, I’ve since learned that it is not a bad quality to have, especially in my professional life. A far as my social life is concerned, my friends keep me grounded: they are pretty special in their own unique ways, and I am grateful for each and every one of their presence in my life. I was blessed to have had the best father in the world, (I’m sure he already knows this) and without him, I wouldn’t have been blessed with such a solid upbringing and foundation. My mother was equally fantastic; she passed on when I was in high school, so sadly, my memories of her are much fuzzier than those of my father. I am married to the smartest and quirkiest man I’ve ever known, who never fails to make me smile or to feel loved.
If there’s something else you’d like to know, just ask. I’m not incredibly shy. Contact Kristen.
MOVING WESTWARD THROUGH LIFE
OHIO | 1979-1998 | “The Buckeye State”
- Born & raised in “warm & cheerful” Centerville, Ohio (a suburb of the “Gem City,” Dayton)
- Active in piano, writing, art, dance, gymnastics, Odyssey of the Mind and church
- My family had homes / boats / jet-skis over the years at Indian Lake where I loved to play
- Played doubles on my high school’s state championship tennis team
- Nicknames: Colonel’s Daughter, Tree, KJ, Krissie
- As the daughter of a USAF colonel, spent lots of time at the National Museum of the Air Force at Wright Patterson Air Force Base
INDIANA | 1998-2009 | “The Hoosier State”
- Completed undergraduate degree in journalism from Indiana University – GO HOOSIERS!
- Found my niche as a layout designer for the student newspaper, the Indiana Daily Student. I served as design editor for two summer terms, in addition to writing two staff editorials and a feature article in addition to designs
- Elevated my understanding of design from a teaching / tutoring capacity while serving as a teaching assistant for multiple journalism professors’ courses
- Met my now-husband, who was working technical support for the university full-time
- Completed my masters degree in media arts & sciences from Indiana University (IUPUI)
- Worked as the webmaster / marketing manager / multimedia & print designer for Bonzi’ Sports, an r/c boat manufacturing company
- Lived out my dream as the Colts won their first Super Bowl in franchise history!
- Got married at the Indianapolis Children’s Museum, took a Vegas honeymoon and moved to Seattle, all within a three week period of time… and yet we still made it!
WASHINGTON | 2009-present | “The Evergreen State”
- Continued consulting / freelance work for clients back east
- Started as a contractor at the Cobalt Group (which became ADP Digital Marketing, then split off into a new company, CDK Global) where I worked on front end webpage design and graphics for car dealership websites (Lexus, GM, Hyundai, VW, Kia)
- Relived my dream as Seahawks won their first Super Bowl in history – I feel like a lucky charm for the cities where I’ve lived!
- Explored Mount Rainier, Mount Saint Helens, Mount Baker, the San Juan Islands, driven to Yellowstone (Montana), Glacier National Park, Vancouver (British Columbia), Portland (Oregon), Cannon Beach (Oregon) and taken a ferry to Victoria (British Columbia)
- Embarked on a fitness journey via two fantastic trainers, and am currently on my way to becoming a Crossfit enthusiast