Forward-thinking, deadline-driven graphic artist and web designer with over a decade of experience in front-end creation of graphics and websites in small business and corporate environments. Proven track record of adapting design style for specific client requests, resulting in a cohesive appearance across all visual platforms. Verified reputation as an adviser and innovative problem-solver, providing key solutions to co-workers and clients in areas including layout, graphics and visual design concepts. Demonstrated success in serving as mentor to new employees, leading to high levels of aptitude. Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Dreamweaver, Microsoft Office, Salesforce, content management systems and basic HTML.
January 2004 – Present
Freelance Print & Digital Designer
- Developed websites as well as print and promotional materials for multiple small businesses and clients across the United States.
- Consulted with clients to meet company and/or personal objectives.
- Met strict deadlines and maintain websites in support of local, state and federal candidates for elected office.
- Created print designs for events such as bridal showers, save the date wedding invitations and baby showers.
CDK Global (formerly Cobalt/ADP Digital Marketing), Seattle, WA
October 2010 – December 2014
Web Design Specialist
- Completed website maintenance of graphics, text and design layouts for major nationwide and international car dealerships including but not limited to: General Motors, Lexus, Hyundai, Volkswagen and Kia.
- Collaborated with account managers in complex website redesigns that included homepage updates, new graphics, new layouts and custom branding.
- Played a key role in the migration of old websites to new platforms, resulting in enhanced usability for clients, enabling those with limited technical proficiency to update.
- Chosen consistently by managers to handle escalated cases by notoriously-challenging clients, leading to increased levels of customer satisfaction.
- Assigned regular special projects including beta testing, technical writing and graphic template creation due to reputation of being detail-oriented, thorough and artistic.
- Received peer-nominated departmental Services, Thanks and Recognition (STAR) Award on two occasions for going above and beyond in daily responsibilities.
- Named to STAR Award committee to select and present awards to peers.
- Selected to serve as liaison between content teams and two account manager teams, resulting in improved communication between groups.
- Co-developed team peer review program to provide open forum for sharing ideas, facilitating meetings with teammates to discuss visual design and software techniques.
Bonzi Sports, Carmel, IN
April 2004 September 2010
Multimedia & Print Designer/Webmaster/Marketing Manager
- Executed complete overhaul and re-design of company website, leading to significant web traffic increase and overall revenue growth from radio controlled model boat sales.
- Increased number of registered online customers from less than 100 to more than 3,500.
- Implemented OS Commerce shopping cart for 400+ items, providing easier method for customers to purchase online, resulting in sales increase from under $5,000 to $100,000+ over a three-year time period.
- Designed print advertisements for “Radio Control Boat Modeler” and “DuPont Registry” national magazines, leading to increased brand recognition and sales.
- Developed and designed print and online product catalogs, resulting in enhanced inventory organization.
education & certifications:
Master of Science, Media Arts and Sciences, Indiana University, Indianapolis, IN
Bachelor of Arts in Journalism, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN
Certifications from Lynda.com: Photoshop Top 40 (2014); Photoshop CS5 One-on-One: Fundamentals (2013) and Advanced (2014); HTML 5 First Look (2013); Photoshop Masking and Compositing: Advanced Blending (2014); Before After: Graphic Design Techniques (2014); Before After: Things Every Designer Should Know (2014); Foundations of Typography: Hierarchy and Navigation (2014); Color, Contrast and Scale (2014); Photoshop for Designers: Type Essentials (2014)